As the COVID-19 situation begins to ease, workplaces are beginning to reopen. As workers and staff around Australia begin heading back to work it is imperative that your workplace is post-COVID ready and hygienic and clean at all times.
Here are a few tips to get your workplace work-ready
Guidelines for maintaining a hygienic environment
- Get equipment like desks, tables, keyboards and other objects disinfected regularly using a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Promote regular hand-washing among your employees, contractors and customers.
- Ensure everyone has adequate access to face masks and/or paper tissues at all times, in case someone develops a cold or cough.
- Ensure sanitiser is available to the employees - whether it be sanitisation stations or individual pump bottles per desk - we have you sorted with our massive range!
- Provide durable rubber gloves to your office cleaning staff.
- If you run a small or medium sized business that does not have in-house cleaning staff, partner with cleaning professionals or professional cleaning agencies in your local area. They will be able to provide the best cleaning supplies and equipment according to the needs of your workplace.
- Ensure that anyone who experiences COVID symptoms is isolated and the follows the recommendations outlined by DHHS.
- Put up informative posters across notice boards and prominently visible areas around the workplace that give instructions to the employees, encouraging hand washing techniques and maintaining good hygiene.
- Ensure all communal areas such as staff rooms, bathrooms, lifts and printing stations are regularly cleaned and sanitised.
- Avoid too many staff members in the one area of the workplace.
Guidelines for In-office meetings
- Ensure that all meeting rooms and conference areas are thoroughly cleaned using heavy duty wipes before and after every meeting.
- If there is space, keep the seats at least 1 – 1.5 meters apart.
- For any external guests or visitors ensure they provide their contact details: mobile number, email and residential address. This is to have their details on record if for any reason someone from the office contracts COVID-19.
- Have a plan amongst board members and leadership staff if a staff member becomes unwell.
By following these necessary precautions, you can keep your staff and community safe from COVID-19 while getting your workplace ready for business again.
With over 30 years of experience in selling the best cleaning supplies and equipment, One Stop Cleaning Supplies is your best bet for advice related to home and office cleaning. We deal in the largest range of cleaning supplies online at the lowest prices and can help you with all your professional cleaning needs. To buy cleaning products for getting your workplace ready to reopen, call us on 1300 131 700, email us on [email protected], or explore our website for the latest updates!